As a ‘General Practitioner,’ the services I can provide range from working with individuals seeking representation with Civil Litigation, assistance with Estate Planning, or professional counsel in matters of Family Law to assisting businesses and corporations with Business and Corporate Law, Tax Disputes, or International Law.
Below, you will find a sample list of the type of representation I can provide you. If your specific legal need is not listed, please feel free to contact my office at (541) 343-3656 to discuss your legal matter, with a no-cost telephone consultation. At the least, I will be able to refer you to another organization that can better help with your individual needs.
Legal Services Provided By Barry Davis Law
- Business Law and Corporate Law – Your benefits in corporate operation flow from the legal recognition of the corporation as a separate entity from its shareholders, directors, and offices. To enjoy these benefits, you must ensure that your corporation is operating as a separate entity and in accordance with State and Federal requirements.
- Start-Ups and Limited Liability Company Formation – As you start or grow your business venture, we can discuss which legal entity will best serve your long term goals. Together, we can ensure that your company and formed and maintained in accordance with the statutes and regulations of the State of Oregon and the International Revenue Service.
- Family Law – I recognize that your divorce or family law matter is one of the most difficult life challenges that you may face. The resolution of your case will have a lasting impact on your children, your finances, and your family structure. Whether by vigorous negotiation or powerful litigation, you can be assured that I will provide you with the finest legal services in all family law matters.
- Real Estate, Land Use, and Zoning — Purchasing a home, bare land, or investment property may be the most significant investment you make. Whether you’re buying or selling a home or property, I can review any office you make or receive and ensure that your rights are protected and your duties clearly defined.
- Estate Planning, Wills, and Trusts – When it comes to your estate, wills and trusts are essential tools to safeguard your family, friends, and beneficiaries for a secure future when you will no longer be there. Together, we can ensure that your estate plans both take care of your loved ones and make certain to limit any discord that a vague or ill-prepared will or trust can cause.
- Guardianships, Conservatorships, and Advanced Medical Directives – Together, we can ensure that your estate plan will allow you to communicate your personal desires regarding medical care through important documents like ‘Advanced Directives.’ Additionally, we can establish a guardianship or conservatorship and provide decision making authority to a family member or trusted friend.
- Personal Injury Claims – Personal Injury refers to incidents in which you may have sustained injury due to the actions of others. If you have been injured, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, loss of earnings, pain and suffering, or disability.
- Civil Litigation — There may be occasions where resolution of claims does not occur, and litigation of your case becomes necessary. If litigation is necessary, I will aggressively seek the best results for your needs. When litigation has commenced, and only with your authority and approval, I will pursue settling the case early in the proceedings, if appropriate, while pursuing your best interests.
- Tax Disputes — Are you facing a tax dispute with the IRS or the State of Oregon? I provide aggressive representation for clients facing disputes with state and federal tax authorities. I handle all types of tax matters, including cases involving trust fund recovery penalties and disallowed business expenses.
- International Law — If you are considering entering into an international business transaction or if you have encountered problems with an international commercial matter, you will want an experienced lawyer to help you resolve the problem. I have over 30 years of experience in international law. Where possible, I focus on pursuing your best interests and solutions that emphasize cooperation over confrontation.
To get started, call my office at (541) 343 – 3656. Either I or my assistant will briefly collect some information from you and schedule an uninterrupted time for us to discuss your legal needs. You can also get in touch with me by filling out the ‘Contact Barry Davis’ form on the bottom of this page.